Monday, August 24, 2009

Mobile Baby

Jacob is finding ways to get to where he wants to go. Currently, he mostly creeps on his belly and pulls himself forward arm over arm. He can also get on all fours and then push himself into a belly flop, and he can do baby push ups on his toes. Time to dust off the baby gates! (And time to put away my "to do" piles of paper since paper seems to fascinate him more than anything else.) [Note: I really tried to upload a video of the mobile baby, but I gave up after it was still uploading four hours later. So you'll just have to use your imagination.]

Madison has had good days and not-so-good days at school. Yesterday, she got into trouble for spraying water all over the place in the bathroom. Mind you, she wasn't the only kid doing it, and I'm sure it was great fun, but it caused her to get a "sad face" for the afternoon. She is so unfocused these days, but every child development article I read states that is perfectly normal for her age. So until she can control her urges to play in the sink, sneak candy into her bed at night, and drag her brother across the room, we will have to up our efforts at bribery (punishments seem to have no effect on her anyway). Her most funny recent moment was last Saturday when we caught her with her drawers down trying to pee under the slide to avoid going inside to the bathroom. [Note to readers: this is NOT a normal behavior in our house!] It was so hard not to laugh. I don't think I totally succeeded in making my facial expression look stern.

In the recent adult news, I have a second interview today with Atria Senior Living downtown, and I had a pretty good interview with Bachman Auto Group last Friday. If all goes well, maybe I'll have two offers at the same time. Atria would be the most interesting job, with more project management type work, although it is a drive to get there. Bachman would be more boring web update stuff, but the location is closer to home. Maybe I'll get no offers and will continue to be a happy stay-at-home mommy. It all seems like a win-win-win to me!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you need a techie to fix your video issue! Know anyone?

    ReplyDelete