Monday, September 21, 2009

New job, fundraiser reminder, and other updates

Great news: I got a job!! And not just any old job, but the one that caused me to tell Michael after the first interview, "I think this is the one." As of September 28 (oh my gosh that's next week!), I will be the new interactive specialist for Atria Senior Living and working in the ultra-posh 5/3 building right on the corner of Fourth Street Live. After nine months of being out of work (happily, I might add!), I started to lose hope that I would find a job I like at a decent salary, but apparently a few of them still exist. I filled out paperwork and took my drug test last Thursday downtown. So now I'm trying to get Jacob into a new day care (Madison's old day care already has a full infant class) and get Madison's before/after school care set up with the YMCA, not to mention match up professional clothes that haven't been worn since last year and get a bunch of things ironed!

All of this is now much easier to handle without a sick baby at home. Although Jacob's better now, he was running a very high fever last week (104.5 at one point), which lasted several days. After that broke, he had a spotty harmless rash for a few days. The doctor said it was just some viral muck that he had to wait out. But, hey, he never threw up and still was eating, so it could have been worse.

On the activity front, we went to see the Juggernauts a little over a week ago at Clifton's (best calzones on earth!), so Jacob got his first taste of their silly antics. Then I took the kids and Grandma Mary to the Jug Band Jubilee Saturday for a bit and saw a couple of bands at the grassy outdoor Brown-Forman Ampitheater. We didn't get to see the Japanese Jug Band, but I hear they are quite good. The neighborhood picnic was also Saturday, and the kids played until they had no energy left. Jacob enjoyed a bouncer and cotton candy for the first time (just a pinch or two), and Madison ran around like a crazy child. We were going to attend the Fossil Festival yesterday at the Falls of the Ohio, but we decided to stay home due to the rain. I think we needed a quiet day anyway.

Madison is still having a few adjustment issues at school and can't keep her hands to herself, but she's very proud of the two days in a row she was good last week. Nana and Papa came up last Tuesday to the Grandparents Lunch at Madison's school, so they got to see her in action. She's been sleeping a lot better and hasn't been sneaking out of bed lately. And she's been "reading" everything lately. She copies words from cans of veggies and other products and loves to play word games in the car. JUST A REMINDER: Her fundraising orders and money are due tomorrow, so please let me know if you plan to place an order. (See the last post if you want to order online.)

I think that's all I have for now. Remember, we have zoo passes this year, so if anyone wants to meet up at the zoo for a day of fun, let me know. Madison gets out of school around 4 (for this week), but after next Monday, we'd have to go on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment